REACH THE UNREACHABLE
AN APPEAL FOR SUPPORT
An initiative of Tamilnadu Udavikkaram Association for the Differently Abled ( Udavikkaram) to help the differently abled people suffering due to covid-19 Lock Down
Ours is state Association of Differently Abled having branches and affiliated organizations in many districts of Tamil Nadu. The office bearers of UDAVIKKARAM though differently abled , are professionals, self-employed and well educated and qualified peoples, serving Persons With Disabilities(PWDs) with full dedication.
1. We serve the Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) during the past 4 decades
2. We help the PWDs for their education, employment, sports development, Medical Rehabilitation etc..
3.We conduct medical camps in Chennai and suburbs ,screen the PWD’s and assess their requirements and render free assistance according to their needs such as providing Three-wheeler Scooters, Tri cycles , Wheel chairs, Calipers, Crutches, Hearing Aids, Blind person’s walking sticks etc. at free of cost
4. We also support the differently abled to participate in National & International games.
5. We provide Educational assistance, scholarship, tuition fees, books and notebooks, secure admissions to Professional and arts and science courses , training programs for self-employment, assist in getting loans from banks
6. We conduct FACE TO FACE meetings of PWDs every Saturday to discuss the issues and problems faced by them and redress their grievances and provide solutions.
7. We conduct Seminars, State conferences, Exhibitions, talent programs, sports events etc., for the PWDs
8. We help to get ID Cards, Disability Pensions & all other assistances under the various schemes of the Government.
9. We publish UDAVIKKARAM monthly Magazine to focus the problems faced by the PWDs, give opportunities to discuss the problems of disability sector, represent to the Government and other authorities and get necessary help as well as placement services to them.
10. We do matrimonial services – marriage & family counseling, conducting marriages marriage assistance etc.
II. we give below the details of some of our activities, programs and events during the last one year organized by our Association so as to benefit the differently abled persons
1. Feb 23rd and 24th 2019-
we conducted 2 days conference in which around 1000 persons with disabilities have participated in seminars, group discussions, talent programs etc. and more than 100 peoples were donated free tri-cycles, crutches, walkers, sewing machines, wheel –chairs etc.During the conference we have also recognized 25 achievers being successful sports persons, academicians, self-employed achievers, artists, lyrics, best speakers etc., so as to promote talent amongst the differently abled.
2. April 2019
we organized Medical Camp in Kanchipuram Town and distributed aids and appliances to 60 differently abled persons.
we have taken 300 differently abled persons from Chennai to Kanchipuram in 15 vehicles and arranged for their special dharshan of Athivaradar and spent for their food and travelling expenses and gave them an opportunity of worship (which they could not have experienced for next 40 years) and the Kanchipuram District Collector Mr. Ponniah IAS and Addl Director General of Police (L&O) Dr. Jayanth Murali IPS, and other top officials of Kanchipuram District give warm reception at Kancheepuram and escorted us to the temple and took us near the deity for a special and comfortable worship. We are instrumental in creating accessible environment to PWDs in temples
4. Oct 2019
we have conducted Multi Specialty Medical camp in association with Ramachandra Medicalcollege and Research institute, Ragas Dental College, Muthukumaran college & Hospital and we did free medical checkup and follow up and Eye Treatment, Skin Treatment, ENT, Dental, Ortho, Physio Doctors and Surgeons from various hospitals in the City participated in the Camp. Around 500 differently abled persons got the free treatment and medical benefits because of the Medical Camp.
5. Nov 2019
We conducted one day seminar focusing on the games for the differently abled and motivated the differently abled players to participate in the National and International Games and helped them for travel expenditure to participate in the National Games.
6. Dec 2019
We organized the celebration of International Day of Differently Abled and distributed sarees , and clothes to 300 differently abled persons. Further jointly with an Ngo RAIN DROPSS having young software professionals as volunteers , , we organized “ Reach the Beach” program and took 400 wheel chair bound differently abled persons to the Besant Nagar Beach and gave them opportunity to enjoy the waves and waters touching their feet by laying special paths on the beach sand to take the wheel chairs on the sand.
7. March 2020
On 6th and 7th , we organized Udavikkaram Para National Games 2020 in YMCA Grounds, Nandanam Chennai. More than 300 Differently abled National and International level players from 10 States across the country participated in the games and Gold Medals and Cash awards were presented to the Champions of the Events. The Hornourable Social Welfare Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr.Mrs. Saroja and The Hornourable Transport Minister Thiru. M.R.Vijaya Baskar , Chief Guest for the program presented Dr.Puratchithalavi Amma Memorial Trophy and cash awards for the champions of various events of the Udavikkaram Para National Games 2020
The above programs are some of our special programs conducted during the year.
In addition to the above
THROUGH OUT THE YEAR , We conducted regular meetings on every Saturday evening between 4 P.M to 9P.M in which we help the differently abled peoples by providing them vegetables, rice, and pulses which will help them to take care of their requirements for every week, and also we give them periodical training for their self-employment, pay for scholarship, school fees, notebooks, stationery, etc on week to week basis depending on their request.
OUR NEW INITIATIVE IN 2020-21
REACH THE UNREACHABLE
*Due to the pandemic corona virus National Lockdown, Hundreds of thousands of differently abled persons are worst affected being isolated invisible minorities in various remote villages scattered and could not move out but suffer from where ever they are and crying for support.
* They are in touch with UDAVIKKARAM by telephone and whatsapp and ask for help and financial support for meeting the essentials.
*UDAVIKKARAM is collecting the bank account details of the differently abled people along with their DISABIITY CARD and Aadhar Card details so as to help them by direct transfer of Rs 1000 to each beneficiary account
* We are already in touch with peoples with helping tendency and other organizations to support the persons with disabilities living in various places by monthly provisions and vegetables and Masks and soaps.,
* NOW our motto is to REACH THE UNREACHABLE – and our target and aim is to reach 750 Nos- Persons with disabilities VIZ Ortho, Speech and Hearing impaired , Visually impaired, Mentally retarded , leprosy cured etc.in remote villages in various districts of Tamil Nadu and Pondichery.
*Already 1000 Persons have registered with us for help and applications are received from all over the state every day asking for financial support since their livelihood has been badly affected on account of Corona Virus Lock down
* We request you to kindly support the cause.
*The sponsored amount by the Donors will be distributed to the Persons with Disabilities @ Rs.1000 each through Bank transfer to the Beneficiary account.
*The Beneficiary details such as Name, Address, Nature of Disability, Mobile number etc. will be furnished to the Donors after the transfer of the amount to the Beneficiaries Bank account..
· So far we were able to support 500 persons with disabilities @ Rs 1000 each and another batch of 50 persons will be sent Rs 1000 per person by next week.
· All these became possible only due to the support of charitable trusts, philanthropists and kind hearted and service minded people like you .
· We are yet to go further to reach our goal of 750 nos and we are confident of achieving our target with the support of kind hearted and broad minded people , philanthropists, Charitable Trust , Social organization etc.
· Some of our major donors for the project to Reach the Unreachables so far are
1. Mr.N.Ravi (former official of Tamil nadu Tourism) Who himself a differently abled person and Wise president of Udavikkaram has mobilized Rs. 100000/- for the project
2. Mr. A.P.Madhivanan ( former official of RBI and Differently Abled Person ) has mobilized More thanRs. 100000/- to Reach the Unreachable
3. Charitable Trust like Shakthi Foundation and Lodge Accountants Charitable Trust have contributed Rs. 50000/- each to the project
4. Some NRIs from USA Australia , Singapore, Hong Kong and a number of donors from across country have liberally contributed for the project
So far we are able to raise funds to the tune of Rs. 5.75 lakhs , Distributed Rs. 5 lakhs through bank NEFT transfers to the individual bank accounts of 500 nos Differently abled persons living in remote villages across the state and helped them to buy the basic essentials for their livelihood during the crisis period of Corona Lockdown . Another batch of 50 persons will be sent Rs. 1000 each during this week by NEFT transfer to their bank accounts.
We need further Rs. 2 lakhs to fulfill our Goal of the Reaching the Unreachables – balance 200 no’s to be covered before June end – probably the last lap of the National lock Down
Please support liberally to “REACH THE UNREACHABLES”
· Your donations may be sent by Cheque/ Demand draft drawn in the name of “TDS TRUST”(Tamil Nadu Differently abled Sangam Trust) or by way of Neft transfer to the following Bank Account.
· Account Name : TDS TRUST
· Bank : Andhra Bank
· Branch : KK Nagar
· SB A/c No : 081210100020320
· IFSCCode : ANDB0000812
The donations are eligible for 80G exemption